A couple of years ago I made a personal goal to read one book per month and make reading more of a priority, especially at night. I found myself watching some type of show until I went to bed and I knew I wanted to change my routine. This year I decided to make the last hour before bed (9-10pm) screen free and really focus on reading an actual book (there is just something about it). I have surpassed my yearly goal, and have already read over 20 books at the half way point. Because of this, I wanted to break up my list in two parts so it wasn’t overwhelming at the end of the year. You can check out previous years here: 2020 Books and 2021 Books as well as my PM Routine.
I would love to know any books you LOVE. I am pretty open to any type of genre!
- Not A Happy Family by Shari Lapena (4.5/5.0)- Parents are murdered in their home while the three children are trying to figure out what happened and the secrets held.
- The Night Swim by Megan Goldin (4.5/5.0)- A true crime podcast host is in town for a rape trial all while discovering what happened another girl years ago.
- What Happened At The Lake by Phil M Williams (3.5/5.0)- A family went on a lake vacation to discover a double murder nearby and will do anything to stay safe.
- Little Secrets by Jennifer Hillier (5.0/5.0)-A woman’s son gets taken and she does everything in her power to find answers.
- Jar Of Hearts by Jennifer Hillier (4.0/5.0)- A young girl’s body is found years later and linked to her best friends as well as a well known serial killer.
- The Woman In The Window by A.J. Finn (3.0/5.0)-A woman who can’t leave her house due to past trauma witnesses a murder in her neighborhood.
- I Found You by Lisa Jewell (4.0/5.0)- A woman finds a man on a beach who has no memory of who he is. Meanwhile, another woman’s husband has gone missing and there is no record of him ever existing.
- Invisible Girl by Lisa Jewell (3.5/5.0)- Young girl with difficult past goes missing after keeping watch over her childhood phycologist
- The Night She Disappeared by Lisa Jewell (3.5/5.0)- A woman’s daughter disappears after a night out with her boyfriend. She is determined to find out what happened to her.
Top Pick: Little Secrets
Love or Romance
- The Hating Game by Sally Thorne (4.0/5.0)- Work enemies find an unexpected romance.
- November 9 by Colleen Hoover (4.5/5.0)-Two people meet before a cross country move, and they make a pact to see each other on the same day each year.
- It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover (5.0/5.0)- A woman unexpectedly falls in love with the man of her dreams, all while reminiscing and having thoughts of her first love.
- People We Meet On Vacation by Emily Henry (4.0/5.0)- Two college friends go on a summer vacation each year. After things got complicated one summer, they are trying one last time.
- Beach Read by Emily Henry (4.5/5.0)-Two writers and college friends end up living next door to each other for the summer and make a bet on their newest writing projects.
Top Pick: It Ends With Us
- The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon (4.5/5.0)-Following the journey of Claire and Jaimie, they prepare for the war coming and everything the new world entails.
- The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah (5.0/5.0)- A woman’s husband leaves for war while the Nazis invade France and her home. Her younger sister is determined to help and resist at any cost.
- The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah (4.0/5.0)- A family moves to Alaska for a new life, only to find the extreme hardships it presents.
- The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris (4.5/5.0)- A man is put to work in a concentration camp and finds unexpected love.
Top Pick: The Nightingale
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid (4.0/5.0)- A Hollywood icon finally opens up to share her life story, revealing her big secret and true love.
- Where The Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens (5.0/5.0)- A young girl is left to take care of herself in an isolated marsh only to be accused of murder years later.
Top Pick: Where The Crawdads Sing
I will share what I read the remainder of the year and my thoughts!
As always, sending light and love.