Last year I shared some thoughts on creating and maintaining friend weekends. You can check out that post here: Friend Weekends. This year has been so hard because of everything going on, I honestly didn’t know if I would get the opportunity to see any friends. We have had 3 different trips planned throughout the year that were cancelled due to obvious reasons, however we were determined to see each other at least once.
I know I am not alone when I say that mental health has been a challenge this year. I think we all reached a point where we realized we were doing everything to be as safe as possible, and our mental/social health needed to also be a priority. It helped that our group was only 6 people too during this current climate.
I did not realize how good for the soul those weekends truly are. This year especially has completely given me a new lens and perspective on things, which I am beyond grateful for. I left feeling so full and refreshed, it was exactly what I needed!
I thought I would add some more take aways to making those weekends a reality and what I have learned this year….
- Everyone just wants to catch up and be together so you really don’t need anything fancy planned
- Take advantage of late nights and early mornings together….time is so precious
- Help host plan food/meal items to purchase and offer to bring something (split cost of purchased items)
- Designate sleeping areas prior to weekend
- Get fresh air
- Help/thank the host (card, small gift/gesture)
- Stay connected throughout the year– ex: weekly zoom nights, group chat
- Soak in the conversations, laughs, and memories
What is everyone looking forward to this upcoming year? I am definitely hoping for more than one girls weekend that’s for sure!