Last year I shared my 2019 books with my top three recommendations. You can check that post out here: 2019 Books. Today, I thought I would share my 2020 book list along with a short overview and if I would recommend it or not. My goal was to continue to average one book a month, however I ended up reading much more than twelve books. I have really enjoyed murder mysteries this year and have naturally gravitated towards those for the time being. My 2021 goal is to continue a book per month, and I already have a good list of what I am wanting to read.
I would love to know what books you have enjoyed and any I should add to my read list for the new year!
- The Cuckoo’s Calling by Robert Galbraith (J.K Rowling’s pseudonym): Detective investigates a super model’s suicide
- An Unwanted Guest by Shari Lapena: Weekend retreat that turns into a modern day clue
- A Stranger In The House by Shari Lapena: Wife unable to remember a murder and reveals hidden secrets from past
- Someone We Know by Shari Lapena: A man’s wife is killed by someone unexpected
- The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena: A baby is kidnapped while the couple is visiting neighbors
- The End Of Her by Shari Lapena: Visitor from husband’s past comes to shake things up and reveal hidden secrets
- Ghosted by Rosie Walsh: Man and woman fall in love and realize there is more to the story of why she hasn’t heard from him from their past
- The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine: Woman befriends a man’s wife to get to her husband…wife has other motives and secrets
- In A Dark Dark Wood by Ruth Ware: Bachelorette party where things go wrong with someone being murdered
- The Woman In Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware: Reporter on cruise witnesses murder in the middle of the night
- Turn Of The Key by Ruth Ware: Nanny experiences many situations in a haunted house
- The Lying Game by Ruth Ware: Group of girls cover up death and discoveries are made years later
(Recommend all expect for The Cuckoo’s Calling)
- Killing Lincoln by Bill O’Reilly: Assassination of Abraham Lincoln
- Little Fire Everywhere by Celeste Ng: Different families/worlds colliding and all the secrets that unfold with each
(Recommend Killing Lincoln)
- Live The Dream: No More Excuses by Larry Winters: Guide to achieve success by shutting down self limitations
- How To Talk So Little Kids Will Listen by Joanna Faber: Guide to different parenting approaches for ages (2-7 years) and circumstances
- Enough by Sharon Jaynes: Bible study/growth for women to discovering their identify and recognizing who they are created to be
- Hand’s Free Mama by Rachel Macy Stafford: Guide to being present and intentional during a world of constant distractions
- Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis: Guide to disbelieving lies you have created for yourself
(All were good, however wasn’t extremely impressed with Live The Dream and Girl, Wash Your Face)
- Outlander Series ( on Christmas List)
- The Night Swim
- What Happened At The Lake
- The Death Of Mrs Westaway
- Killing Kennedy
What else should I add? Anyone else have reading goals for the upcoming year?
Sending love and light!