I have been creating and putting together a family cookbook for one of my husband’s Christmas gifts. It has been a larger task than I initially anticipated, but so much fun! We would love to be able to gift our favorite recipes to our family down the road, as well as have everything in once place. I thought it would be fun to share some of our favorite recipes throughout the upcoming year. I know I am always looking to try something new, and love discovering a meal that everyone enjoys! I also love meals that are fast and easy, especially being a mom. I will alternate the type of recipes I share including crock pot meals, pastas, casseroles, side dishes, breakfast, snacks, and more!
Today I wanted to share a dinner recipe that we love! Let me know if you make it. I would love to know your thoughts!
- 1 pound beef/ground turkey
- ½ white onion (diced)
- 1 can corn (or steam bag)
- 1 can black beans
- 1 TBSP taco seasoning
- 2 TBSP taco sauce or salsa
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- Toppings (tomato, green onion)
- Preheat oven 350
- Saute meat with onion.
- Combine meat mixture, corn, beans, seasoning, and sauce (or salsa) in a bowl.
- Spoon half of mixture in a sprayed casserole dish.
- Spread thin layer of sour cream and cheese on top.
- Repeat and cover with cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Add favorite toppings