As I am entering my third week of self quarantining and social distancing, I can’t help but reflect on this unusual experience we are all going through. Although some days are more challenging than others, I truly do believe there are good things that have come from this unique time in history.
I wanted to share some things that have been on my heart the past couple of weeks and have become eye opening to me personally. I recognize this is a totally different experience for each of us, depending on our circumstances. I would love to know anything that you have been reflecting on during this time. I hope everyone is staying is staying healthy and safe!
15 Day Reflections
1.Your health is everything…take care of yourself and do your part to take care of others. People are risking their lives every day so that we can stay safe. Many of us have such a simple role to play by just staying home…
2. The human spirit is absolutely amazing. People truly do come together in times of need and set every difference aside because they really don’t matter in the times that do matter. Remember that…
3.Each person, job, role, etc is SO important. There is so much value in whatever God has called each of us to do. I am so thankful for all our different paths, callings, and abilities.
4.Not worrying about any “to-dos” is freeing. It makes me recognize how much value we place on a busy culture, rather than just living and experiencing life in the simplest form.
5. We live in such a distracted and busy world. There is beauty in the stillness.
6. I am so blessed to be safe in my home with my family, surrounded by love. I know that is not the case for everyone.
7. We create the energy and frequency in our home for our children. They will feed off of what we pour out, especially in times like these.
8. It’s amazing how we can be distant but still connected to each other with technology. Meaningful relationships and human connections are so valuable. Check in on your loved ones.
9. Being outside can truly refresh and recharge your spirit. Breathe in the fresh air, feel the sun on your skin, run around in the sprinklers, listen to the birds chirp. Take it all in.
10. The things I thought mattered really don’t.
11. Pray, pray, and pray some more. Stay connected to God not just in times of worry, but in times of joy. Make it a priority.
12. Now is the time to do the things you were “too busy” to do before. Clean out the house, organize a room, read a book, call a friend, cook a meal.
13. It is a humbling experience to be reminded how we are not in control.
14. Mental health is so important. Take the time to feed your mind in positive ways. We can not control what is happening around us, but we can control our thoughts.
15. I would have never dreamed there would be a time when we were asked to step back from everything and just be. There is a reason.