This past year I made it a goal to read one book per month. I wanted to become more intentional with my night routine and set a limit of screen time once our son went to bed. I noticed such a huge difference in my sleep with reading actual books and eliminating a screen. My mind and eyes had time to relax and I was able to fall asleep quickly. It truly has become something I look forward to and I am excited to discover new books this upcoming year.
I will say, I prefer listening to audio books if it is in the “self-development” realm. I find those easy to listen to as I exercise or complete daily chores. I thought I would share the books I read this past year. I enjoyed each book, however will star my top three!
Book List 2019
- The Light We Lost by Jill Santopolo
- Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
- The Husband’s Secret by Liane Moriarty
- Three Wishes by Liane Moriarty
- What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty *
- All The Missing Girls by Megan Miranda
- Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough *
- The Alice Network by Kate Quinn
- The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
- The Magic by Rhonda Byrne
- The Girl On The Train by Paula Hawkins
- The Widow by Fiona Barton
- The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides *
- Something In The Water by Catherine Steadman
- No Excuses: The Power Of Self Discipline by Brian Tracy
Book List 2020
Current list of recommendations from friends…
- They Names They Gave Us
- A Stranger In The House
- An Unwanted Guest
What else should I add to my list? I would love to know your favorites!