I recently just celebrated my 31st birthday with my boys and best friend. It was a very laid back and good for the soul weekend, which was perfect. Each year I like to take some time to reflect on the year in general and lessons I learned along the way. You can read last year’s here…What I Learned In My Twenties. I thought I would share my take aways from this past year as I welcome this next year!
- Change is a good thing. It encourages you to grow, get out of your comfort zone, and trust in God’s plan.
- You will never know your full potential until you try.
- Do things fearfully and turn to God every step of the way.
- Keep grounded in faith and prayer….make it THE priority.
- Mindset is everything.
- Take care of yourself in all aspects…you will never be able to pour from an empty cup.
- Don’t let anything external determine your value or identity.
- Things don’t matter, people do.
- Always do what is best for you and your family, don’t worry about what other people do or think.
- Happiness is a choice.
- Consistency is the secret sauce to so many things.
- Encourage and uplift other people and the journey they are on.
- Surround yourself with people who fill you up and are a source of light.
- Collect memories.
- Your children are always watching and learning from you…many times when you don’t realize it.
- Listen, learn, and educate yourself.
- Be careful with what you are consuming on a daily basis (mentally), especially with social media.
- Set goals for yourself and be intentional with your time and energy.
- There isn’t a certain time you have to do something or be something by. Embrace the season you are in.